[Interest] Please let us choose Qt Creator version in the online installer

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Sun Dec 26 09:01:08 CET 2021

On 25/12/2021 13:59, Alexander Dyagilev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Guys, please let us.
>
> I've updated to 6.0.1 and now I'm suffering from a lot of bugs. For
> me, it's now nearly to unusable.
>
> Yes, I know that it's possible to manually download old versions from
> archive. But as far as I know one will then have to setup all the Qt
> kits manually....

Hi,

Qt Creator 6.0.0/6.0.1 suffers on Windows and macOS from this bug:
[QTCREATORBUG-26754] Code completion performance degradation with Qt
Creator 6.0.0 - Qt Bug Tracker
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-26754>
In the above bug report there is a link to the GitHub page with download
artifacts.

You can switch to the new clangd code completion parser, or download Qt
Creator 5.0.3 version from
https://download.qt.io/official_releases/qtcreator/5.0/5.0.3/
<https://download.qt.io/official_releases/qtcreator/5.0/5.0.3/>

You don't need to setup all the Qt Kits manually, in the Qt Versions
settings page there is a /"Link with Qt..."/
button, which should bring back the installed Qt kits.

If that doesn't work, you can copy the *QtProject *settings directory
from the old Qt Creator to the new
Qt Creator. On Windows the path is like this:
c:\Qt\qtcreator-6.0.0\share\qtcreator\QtProject

Cheers,
Cristian.