[Interest] Please let us choose Qt Creator version in the online installer

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Sun Dec 26 14:06:45 CET 2021

On 26/12/2021 13:58, André Pönitz wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 09:01:08AM +0100, Cristian Adam wrote:
> Besides all this, if I am not mistaken, the problem can also be worked
> around
> without changing the 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 binaries by setting QTC_USE_QPROCESS=1 in
> the environent before starting Creator.
>
> Andre'

André, you are mistaken. See my comment at
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-26754?focusedCommentId=603035&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-603035
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-26754?focusedCommentId=603035&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-603035>

The problem cannot be workaround by setting QTC_USE_QPROCESS=1 because
using QtcProcess is the problem, even though QtcProcess by having set
QTC_USE_QPROCESS=1 is only a "thin" wrapper around QProcess.

This is how I interpret the results that I've got.

Cheers,
Cristian.