[Interest] Please let us choose Qt Creator version in the online installer

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 07:38:25 CET 2021

On 12/26/2021 11:01 AM, Cristian Adam wrote:

> Qt Creator 6.0.0/6.0.1 suffers on Windows and macOS from this bug:
> [QTCREATORBUG-26754] Code completion performance degradation with Qt
> Creator 6.0.0 - Qt Bug Tracker
> <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-26754>
> In the above bug report there is a link to the GitHub page with
> download artifacts.

This is the least problem I have since updating to 6.0.1....

I'm still wondering why there is no way to choose Qt Creator version,
and why there is no the same functionality as in Qt online installer
which sets up all the things for Qt Creator when installing it. A
separate Qt Creator installer could do the same thing. All it needs to
do is to just ask about existing Qt installation path.