[Interest] Please let us choose Qt Creator version in the online installer

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Thu Dec 30 13:31:09 CET 2021

On 30/12/2021 07:50, Alexander Dyagilev wrote:

> So, I end up with ruined Qt installation. Maintanance tool stopped
> working. Now reinstalling Qt from scratch.
>
> So, as I said before, there is no easy way to install Qt Creator.

I have Qt Creator from Qt SDK installed at c:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator.

Then I have installed Qt Creator 5.0.3 into c:\Qt\qtcreator-5.0.3.

The option /"Link with Qt ..."/ in Qt Creator 5.0.3 creates the file:
c:\Qt\qtcreator-5.0.3\share\qtcreator\QtProject\QtCreator.ini with the
content:

[Settings]
InstallSettings=C:/Qt/Tools/QtCreator/share/qtcreator

Which points to the Qt SDK installation of Qt Creator.

Cheers,
Cristian.