[Interest] Bluetooth LE: scheduleServiceDetailDiscovery issue

Andreas Buhr andreas.buhr at qt.io
Sat Feb 20 10:46:13 CET 2021

Hi Roberto,

On 16.02.21 07:56, cagnulein wrote:
> The issue is that some bluetooth peripherals don't allow to read some
> characteristics or same descriptors even if they are marked as readable.

[snip]

> Looking at the code on Android, i guess the responsible of this behavior
> is this function: */scheduleServiceDetailDiscovery./* >
> So the question is: could i safely remove this one? I mean, the side
> effect of removing it should be that I will not have the values of the
> charts and the descriptors in the very beginning phase, but of course I
> could always read them after the init phase.

Thanks a lot for your feedback about this problem with Qt and Bluetooth.
Do you know any device which shows this behavior and isn't very large
and expensive? Then we could test it ourselves.

It would be great if you could create a bug report on bugreports.qt.io
and attach a hci snoop there. Feel free to assign it to me.

best regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Buhr