[Interest] QTOPCUA: Received Publish Response with code BadSessionNotActivated

Frank Meerkoetter frank.meerkoetter at basyskom.com
Thu Feb 25 15:40:41 CET 2021

Hi Klaus,

Am 24.02.21 um 17:03 schrieb Klaus Schwarzkopf:
> Hello,
>
> when i connect to a Siemens SIMATIC S7-1500 SPS, it looks everything
> good. I can subscribe and receive the values of the subscribed node
> ids. Also i can change values there, but after some seconds, i get the
> following warnings and i can't get/set values anymore.
>
> Environment: Ubuntu 20.04
>

> How i build qtopcua:
>
> git clone https://code.qt.io/qt/qtopcua.git
> cd qtopcua
> git checkout 5.12

I would recommend to upgrade to 5.15. 5.11 was the first version with Qt
OPC UA, so 5.12 is quite "ancient" for this module (which saw a lot of
development and also upgrades in the underlying stacks).

5.12 still contained 0.3 of open62541 (for which we saw quite a few
issues with Siemens PLCs).

Please note that you can build 5.15 Qt OPC UA against a 5.12 (might take
a few minor tweaks).

Kind Regards,
Frank

--
Frank Meerkötter
Development Lead

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 870 589 - 161 | Fax: -199
frank.meerkoetter at basyskom.com | www.basyskom.com

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrende Partner: Heike Ziegler, Alexander Sorg