[Interest] QPA display system query ?

Marius Kittler mkittler at suse.de
Tue Jan 19 10:27:49 CET 2021

Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2021, 05:13:13 CET schrieb Nicholas Yue:
> So I have to mimic the deployment as best as I can with regards to the QPA
> for display as that done in windowsdeployqt and macdeployqt so I have
> something like the following
>
> install(FILES
>   ${QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS}/platforms/libqxcb.so
>   DESTINATION
>   bin/platforms
>   )

I'd actually bundle the whole platforms directory or at least the Wayland
plugin as well. Some users of your app will use X11 and some will use Wayland.
For special purposes the other platform plugins can be interesting as well.
There is not "one GUI" on GNU/Linux. That's also why it makes sense that this
code is build in form of plugins in the first place.