[Interest] [Qt3d] Rendering 3D object with 2D coordinates

Alex john blackbriar153 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:02:56 CET 2021

Hello ,

Im successessfully able to load the obj file in Scene3D, and by using
fromEulerAngles I'm able to get the required yaw, pitch and
roll.However, I'm not able to use the right translation to get the
object rendered. I get the x,y coordinates in pixels from the other
module and I need to render the 3d model exactly at that pixel
location. It turns out that the Transform type has translation and it
takes the input in 3d coordinates (not sure which unit) if I try to
assign the x,y coordinates to the 3d coordinates it renders somewhere
else. Seems like the x,y in the translation is not the pixel 2d
values, as even with a x=0.3 it deflects more than expected.

Is there a way to assign the x,y 2d pixel values (as we do for
Rectangle {x: 100, y:100}) to the translation so that it is rendered
to the right place where it's desired.