[Interest] Mixing Commercial and Open Source license for different projects

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Mar 16 17:02:18 CET 2021

Il 15/03/21 16:16, James Maxwell ha scritto:
> Is there even a difference between the GPL creator and commercial
> creator? I feared that once I have a license, whenever I use any
> QtCreator it is commercially licensed.
>
> But using QtCreator is not actually my main concern. If I have a
> commercial Qt license, can I still develop for projects which are going
> to be released under LGPL where also other people don't have a Qt
> license (of course assuming we only use LGPL Qt and nothing of the
> commercial only parts).

No matter what the eventual differences between commercial Creator /
open source Creator are (if any); but would it be a problem for you to
use commercial Qt / Qt Creator for the commercial customer, and open
source Qt / Qt Creator for the open source code?

(Not dealing with the practical aspects of having multiple Qt
installations and what not. Again, I'm just asking if such a setup is
not possible for some specific reasons.)

Thank you,

KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts