[Interest] Qt Creator is so buggy and so slow...

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 18 20:33:01 CET 2021

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 10:38:41 PDT Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Often it just stops to suggest code, syntax highlighted stops working
> (at least for a part of the code) for no apparent reason.

My experience is that the syntax highlighter and the code completion can be
running in different contexts, thus seeing different macros. See
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-25464
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-25113
for two examples.

> It takes apporx. 10 seconds to parse c++ file for c++ tools to start
> working. If you open/close/open same c++ it can stop parsing it until
> app restart.

The time it takes to parse is dependent on how complex the file is. I have one
very complex that is painful to use (probably due to use of Boost headers).
The vast majority of files I work with are editable in reasonable time and I
don't see any slow downs. This is on a 5-year-old laptop.

I cannot reproduce your problem of open/close/open.