[Interest] The willy-nilly deletion of convenience methods (was: Mixing Commercial and Open...)

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Sun Mar 21 19:46:20 CET 2021

Hi!

> Licensing FUD + death-of-perpetual-license + death-of-OpenSource-LTS +
> Qt-6-rolling-out-incomplete + deleted-convenience-methods =
> customers-leaving

I wonder if the loss of confidence in the current Qt owners can ever be compensated.

Even if TQC took back their critical decisions, I can't imagine that people would ever
trust them again. This could cause fatal damage to Qt in the long run if they don't sell
it to someone more responsible.

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner