[Interest] The willy-nilly deletion of convenience methods (was: Mixing Commercial and Open...)

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 10:37:08 CET 2021

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 10:07, Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io>
wrote:

> Roland, if you have specific 1st hand porting experience to share and
> constructive contributions to make about which APIs we should bring back
> because, then please do so.

Just to add my experience.

A big part of the Qt projects I have worked on, wouldn't qualify to be
ported to Qt 6 right now because of missing modules.
Right now, I have only worked on migrating very small projects, so my
experience is not representative,
but the removal of toList(), toSet() & co.  is already a pain, and we
basically needed to add helper functions to keep our code readable.

My 2 cents

Benjamin