[Interest] The willy-nilly deletion of convenience methods (was: Mixing Commercial and Open...)

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 10:49:56 CET 2021

but the removal of toList(), toSet() & co.  is already a pain,
and we basically needed to add helper functions to keep our code readable.

Yes. These are good examples of "small convenient methods" that make (made) Qt containers stand apart (in the positive way)

Philippe

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:37:08 +0100
Benjamin TERRIER <b.terrier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 10:07, Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io> wrote:
>

>> Roland, if you have specific 1st hand porting experience to share and constructive contributions to make about which APIs we should bring back because, then please do so.

Just to add my experience.

A big part of the Qt projects I have worked on, wouldn't qualify to be ported to Qt 6 right now because of missing modules.
Right now, I have only worked on migrating very small projects, so my experience is not representative,
but the removal of toList(), toSet() & co.  is already a pain, and we basically needed to add helper functions to keep our code readable.

My 2 cents

Benjamin