[Interest] The willy-nilly deletion of convenience, methods (was: Mixing Commercial and Open...)

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 12:22:59 CET 2021

On 3/22/21 5:19 AM, Vad Rulezz wrote:
> Hello Roland, Qt devs!
>
> On 3/22/21 12:38 PM, Roland Hughes wrote:
>>> Even if TQC took back their critical decisions, I can't imagine that
>>> people would ever
>>> trust them again. This could cause fatal damage to Qt in the long
>>> run if they don't sell
>>> it to someone more responsible.
>>
>> Dude,
>>
>> Comcast, TimeWarner, and all of those other set-top box vendors
>> formed an OpenSource project to create RDK so they could kick Qt to
>> the curb.
>>
>> They aren't coming back.
>>
>> Opera moved to RDK.
>>
>> Doubtful they would ever come back.
>
> Although all of this sounds great, but is the RDK a real alternative
> to Qt on desktops?
> Is there something like QtWidgets module? For X11?
> If there is one, are there small examples for RDK features, so that
> one can compare RDK and Qt side-by-side?
>

> Vad

Until the recent spate of VOIP recruiters barely able to communicate
calling me about the Comcast gigs, I didn't know anything about RDK.
They do have a Web site.

https://rdkcentral.com/

Once I get done writing RedDiamond in CopperSpice I will take a gander
at RDK. No promises and no timelines. Feel free to explore on your own.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com