[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 114, Issue 23

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 07:13:48 CET 2021

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 15:24, Tuukka Turunen <tuukka.turunen at qt.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Feedback on the Qt 6 API is valuable and we are very interested in it. Portability was one of the key design principles and we have avoided making changes when not needed. That said, there can surely be some items that are unnecessarily changed.
>
> Knowing what is the problem and the intended use case helps to have this discussion. Our API review process is fully open, but it is natural that users do not want to necessarily engage in it. So we welcome the feedback on the API also now and will try to seek ways to improve based on it.

Please Tuukka, your open-source users are BEGGING you to revisit the
5.15 LTR policy. Regardless of how actively we maintain our codebases
and how proactively we've been at removing deprecated API the reality
is that the vast majority of us just can't move to Qt 6 yet due to a
whole range of reasons.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE revisit this decision and open the 5.15.3+ patch
releases for open source developers and projects.

Nyall