[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 114, Issue 23

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:25:09 CET 2021

On 23/03/2021 01.21, Tuukka Turunen wrote:
> Feedback on the Qt 6 API is valuable and we are very interested in
> it. Portability was one of the key design principles and we have
> avoided making changes when not needed. That said, there can surely
> be some items that are unnecessarily changed.

Why are the QHash changes needed? The main outcome of that seems to be
encouraging people to use std::unordered_map instead and destroying
trust in Qt's API.

Why is QList removed? (I don't mean the *name* "QList", I mean the
container with indirect storage and reference stability. It's useful,
and unlike QHash, there is no STL equivalent available.)

--
Matthew