[Interest] The willy-nilly deletion of convenience,, methods

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 14:58:08 CET 2021

On 3/24/21 8:45 AM, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> The research done by e.g. DORA around continuous deployment, including in safety critical environments, tells a different story than your anecdotes.
>
> https://www.devops-research.com/research.html
You cannot continuously deploy to a medical device that has to go
through clinical trial. They have to go through clinical trials because
*even one crash kills*

>>>   To be honest, many of those bugs are really hard to fix without breaking anything else, so often we decide that a known, well-documented bug is preferable to a bunch of new, unknown bugs that a fix might introduce.
>>>
>> You knowingly create 30 year old security issues and you diss your customers who have worked around theirs.
>>
>> :P
> Knowingly? That’s a bit much, even from you, Roland.
Well, you are the one who said "so often we decied that a known,
well-documented bug is preferable" which means you are knowingly leaving
a bug in the product that could become a security/stability
vulnerability (if it wasn't to start with.) As to the number of years,
that is just the march of time.
>> You forgot customer abandonment
> Talk to your sales rep.

OpenSource users never want to hear from a sales rep.

>> Qt 6 being useless
>> QML needing to be ripped out.
> Don’t use it.
>
> I don’t consider this substance. Go back to the original thread if you want to spread FUD, Roland.
It's not FUD when LTS was shot out of the saddle and Qt 6 is unusable.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com