[Interest] the path forward - that 7 year thing - was, willy-nilly

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Sat Mar 27 01:30:56 CET 2021

From the Qt blog post https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-offering-changes-2020

"These changes will not have any effect on existing commercial licensing or services agreements."

Now, it doesn’t talk about the notion that if you built and produced your code against a commercial license, it has to remain in force for you to be considered licensed.

As you say Roland, I have no idea how that could be possible for an existing contract, but going forward its not an uncommon licensing strategy.

Scott