[Interest] the path forward - that 7 year thing - was willy-nilly

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Sat Mar 27 01:47:10 CET 2021

Sorry for top posting...

But I disagree here.  Even for mac, Qt 5 is 9 years old, 4 lived 6 (4.0->4.8 LTS initial release, 4.8 lived for 3 years)

Im not saying we go to a Qt Major version for every mac system style change.  But if they produce a SDK where previous version is so different than the new one, that the same Qt code needs a #ifdef XXX version, so be it.

Yes, its more work.

Scott