[Interest] QtQuickCompiler and QtQuickControls2

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:11:01 CEST 2021

Good morning,

I created my first hobby QML/QtQick application - it was a nice experience
by the way.
Now is the time to think about deployment. I want to keep installation
simple (e.g. by just providing a zip file). Hence, I'm using windeployqt to
get the QML and QtQuick dependencies right. As reported in other forums,
windeployqt ends up copying a lot since it cannot trace depencies in
greatest detail.
While browsing through the copied files, I noticed that QtQuickControls are
copied as *.qml files. I used QtQuickCompiler for my own *.qml files to
make loading faster and also to have a smaller deployment package (aka less
files).

Now I had the crazy idea. if there an option to also add the
QtQuickControls2 *.qml files as resources and compile and link them with
QtQuickCompiler? Is that something being considered already?

Thanks,
Roland