[Interest] QtQuickCompiler and QtQuickControls2

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Mon Mar 29 11:42:00 CEST 2021

Hi,

We've recently added the "prefer" directive to the qmldir format. With
it you can specify a preferred location for QML files to be loaded from.
Usually this will be in the resource file system. Files in the resource
file system can be pre-compiled with qmlcachegen.

Therefore, during development provide the QML files both as files in the
file system and as resources, so that tooling can find them. When
deploying, you don't have to provide the files in the file system
anymore. The QML engine won't load them anyway.

Our CMake build system automates this, but the relevant bits are not
public, yet.

best regards,
Ulf