[Interest] Qt6–QtMultimedia – MinGW Support

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Mon Nov 15 14:11:42 CET 2021

On 15/11/2021 13:48, Alexander Carôt wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> when I compile my app on Windows unsing the MinGW Compiler I get this error when after launching the correctly-build app:
>
> "QtMultimedia is currently not supported on this platform"
>
> Using Qt6 with MinGW without QtMultmedia works fine.
>
> Does anyone know when I will be able using QtMultimedia with MinGW ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> best
>
> Alex

Hi,

The 6.2 branch is getting a new MinGW as I type this:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qt5/+/379030

I assume that the next releases should get the updated MinGW packages.

You can get the toolchain and compile Qt for yourself from:
https://github.com/cristianadam/mingw-builds/releases/tag/v11.2.0

Cheers,
Cristian.