[Interest] Qt6–QtMultimedia – MinGW Support

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Mon Nov 15 23:23:11 CET 2021

On 15/11/2021 14:11, Cristian Adam wrote:

> On 15/11/2021 13:48, Alexander Carôt wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> when I compile my app on Windows unsing the MinGW Compiler I get this
>> error when after launching the correctly-build app:
>>
>> "QtMultimedia is currently not supported on this platform"
>>
>> Using Qt6 with MinGW without QtMultmedia works fine.
>>
>> Does anyone know when I will be able using QtMultimedia with MinGW ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> best
>>
>> Alex
>
> Hi,
>
> The 6.2 branch is getting a new MinGW as I type this:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qt5/+/379030
>
> I assume that the next releases should get the updated MinGW packages.
>
> You can get the toolchain and compile Qt for yourself from:
> https://github.com/cristianadam/mingw-builds/releases/tag/v11.2.0

I've updated the packages at
https://github.com/cristianadam/mingw-builds/releases/tag/v11.2.0-rev1.

Qt Multimedia configures and builds with the update. This update uses
`--rt-version=trunk` instead of `--rt-version=v9` as rev0.

Note that the package provisioned at
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qt5/+/379030 uses the right
version since it compiles and runs the tests of Qt Multimedia.

Cheers,
Cristian.