[Interest] OSX security – allow dialogue

Alexander Carôt alexander_carot at gmx.net
Sat Oct 9 11:47:23 CEST 2021

Hej all,

not sure if this is a bug on my end, a bug in Qt or even a bug in OSX:

When I deploy a new release of my software (which uses audio and video capture) after installation on a user's machine it asks for  permissions to access the mic and the camera. When not enabled sound capture does not work and video even crashes – when enabled all is fine. So this dialogue is really important to the user.

However, in some cases the new deployed version does not ask this question anymore and as a result the user manually has to change the security settings. Otherwise they stick to the previous version.

For some reason I discover this again after deploying with the new Qt6.2 but (as written above) I don't know if it's related.

Can anyone help in this regard ? Any hint appreciated because for almost one year I am really confused about this. Maybe there is a way to force the OS to enable this dialogue ?!

Thanks a lot in advance,
best

Alex

--