[Interest] bulding Qt from git

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Sat Oct 23 23:41:27 CEST 2021

On 23/10/2021 22:34, Alexander Carôt wrote:

>> Known issue. It's not all good. Please search up for the error.
> Thanks – just checked the CMakeError.log:
>
> --------
> Checking whether the ASM compiler is GNU using "--version" did not match "(GNU assembler)|(GCC)|(Free Software Foundation)":
> Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.29)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0
> Thread model: posix
> InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
> --------
>
> Looks like I have to install the GNU assembler – please correct if I am somehow  mistaken.
>
> Best
>
> Alex

CMakeError.log contains error messages from the various feature
detection probing that Qt's CMake build system is doing.

For end-users this is mostly confusing. The real error message is not
printed at the end of the configuration, but somewhere in the output
configuration.

Please paste the whole output of the configuration process on
pastebin.com, paste.ubuntu.com, gist.github.com etc.

See https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/issues/22131 for an example
of this CMakeError.log problem.

Cheers,
Cristian.