[Interest] Ashamed bug :)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 5 19:27:54 CEST 2021

On Saturday, 4 September 2021 13:04:29 PDT Bernhard Lindner wrote:
> I guess Alexander would be ashamed or embarassed if one of his products had
> an bug that has been reported but not fixed after five years. For Qt on the
> other hand this seems to be totally normal.

As far as I am aware, ALL software has bugs. Bugs aren't closed on age, but on
priority, availability of someone who understands the code to fix, how
difficult it is to fix, and whether the fix will have side-effects. In fact,
some old bugs should not be fixed, because the fix could have a worse outcome
than the workarounds already deployed.

And lest someone accuse me of spending time writing emails when I could be
working on bugs, I was working on bugs. I closed two yesterday in-between
writing emails on this thread.