[Interest] Ashamed bug :)

BeneschTech LLC chris at beneschtech.com
Mon Sep 6 00:05:08 CEST 2021

I've worked on large software projects most of my professional life,
currently one over 6 million lines of code pretty much all QT powered.  Are
there things wrong in there? Sure.  But to be honest, this is a library,
and an open source one at that.  Dont like the way it interfaces with your
application? Change it.  Report the bug of course, but telling people they
should be ashamed is pretty juvenile. I bet any one of us could dig through
your code and find the same or worse.  We have been using QT for quite some
time, and I have to say its a pretty top notch product.  Migrating from 4.7
to 5.7 took only about a week to get it to all build, and another month to
iron out the gotchas in it.  Refer to the first statement on code size we
are talking about here.  I say thank you to the people who maintain this,
and one day when we arent way understaffed, I'd like to help out where I
can.

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 11:55 AM Tom O'Reilly <oreilly at mbari.org> wrote:

> Thiago - thanks for all of your hard work on an excellent and useful FREE
> product!
>
> Tom

> Thomas C. O'Reilly
> Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
> 7700 Sandholdt Road
> Moss Landing, California 95039-9644
> 831-775-1766 (voice)
> 831-775-1620 (FAX)
> oreilly at mbari.org (email)
> http://www.mbari.org (World-wide Web)
>
> "The machine does not isolate us from the great mysteries
>  of nature, but plunges us more deeply into them."
>
>    - ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY
>      "Wind, Sand, and Stars" (1939)

Chris Benesch
BeneschTech, LLC