[Interest] Qt 5.15 LTS vs Qt 6.2 LTS

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Thu Sep 23 11:52:04 CEST 2021

Hi,

Without knowing the details, of course a bit difficult to give definite guidance. Generally, if you are now using an earlier release of Qt, it is a good approach to first migrate to Qt 5.15 and fix all deprecation warnings etc before migrating to Qt 6.x. Just from the development / porting viewpoint, i.e. whether you ever ship with Qt 5.15 does not matter in this regard. Some small application can be ported directly, but for larger codebase it can be beneficial to take this intermediate step.

Yours,

                Tuukka