[Interest] debugging on Macintosh

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Wed Apr 27 19:36:15 CEST 2022

I recently lost the ability to debug on my Macintosh. To be sure, we are building with an oldish Xcode and a new Qt Creator. This morning, though, I downloaded Qt Creator 7.01. For a brief, shining moment, I was able to break at a breakpoint, single-step and all the rest. Then I tried again. Gone again. The breakpoints while running still have the X on them.

Mac OS: 10.14.6
Xcode: 10.3
Qt Creator: 7.01

What should I be checking? The fact that I was able to debug briefly today suggests that there is some setting or, or... something that could be changed to restore my ability to debug.

-John Weeks