[Interest] Official linuxdeployqt ?

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Wed Aug 10 04:39:23 CEST 2022

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022, Hamish Moffatt via Interest wrote:

> I have never used an AppImage in 25 years of Debian and Linux experience
> either. It sounds equivalent to downloading a random unsigned .EXE from a web
> site and running it.

It is, with the added complication of mixing things of incompatible
licences (like GPL and OpenSSL) inside it. I’ve seen one, and I was
not impressed and I will continue arguing against this practice, in
favour of distro-specific packaging.

bye,
//mirabilos (both private-professionally as well as for $dayjob)
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/