[Interest] Re:Re: Could I use V8 engine directly in QT?

z.hang.1992 z.hang.1992 at foxmail.com
Fri Dec 9 02:04:14 CET 2022

Hi Max,

The v8 is google ve JavaScript engine, but I have misunderstood this,
I have found some articles said that before Qt 5.2, qml used the v8 engine,
and start @t 5.2, the qml uses the v4vm engine which is a new developed
JavaScript engine, and mainly for qml.

And in the v4vn engine, it comply the ECMAScript 7 standard in the latest
version, and for this version, the asynchronous function is not supported.
For me, It would be a big effort to add the feature.

And as I mentioned the "v8 (10.2.154)" seems only used by Qt webengine
now.

Thanks.
Bob