[Interest] [Development] Qt 6.5 Is Irrelevant for More than 95% of Mac Desktops

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Mon Dec 19 09:09:21 CET 2022

Hi,

This mailing list thread is actually already part of the discussion. I am sure the relevant stakeholders will read though the mails. One important thing: the question is whether or not the _latest_ Qt version supports 3 or 4 generations of macOS – because we already support the older macOS version with the earlier Qt releases. We are avoiding to the extent possible dropping supported platforms from released versions of Qt, so macOS 10.15 continues to be supported with Qt releases up to Qt 6.4 in any case. This also leads into Qt supporting such macOS versions that Apple no longer support – like the discussed macOS 10.15 that is supported in Qt 6.4, but no longer supported by Apple.

Yours,

                Tuukka