[Interest] Is there a good alternative to the QML Controls in Qt6 for native desktop integration purposes?

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Mon Feb 21 23:10:27 CET 2022

Hi,

QML is nice for basic applications but widgets is important for professional, technical
and high-density applications.

But that doesn't matter. From my point of view Qt stopped being developed as a desktop
framework a long time ago. Other industries seems to have priority now.

On Mo, 2022-02-21 at 16:42 +0100, Mark Gaiser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing so many bugs in QML Controls in Qt6 (they used to be Controls V2 in the Qt 5.x
> days) that I don't want to use them at all anymore. They are bugged beyond repair and
> downright unusable for native desktop integration purposes.
>
> Is there another good open source component set out there that integrates with the
> desktop. Specifically with Windows but preferably also with Linux (kde and gnome) and Mac.
>
> Using QWidgets should not be an alternative as it slows down development a lot. But given
> the crap that QML Controls is makes me consider switching to QWidgets instead.
>

> Best regards,
> Mark

Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner