[Interest] Is there a good alternative to the QML Controls in Qt6 for native desktop integration purposes?

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:34:12 CET 2022

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 11:11 PM Bernhard Lindner <
private at bernhard-lindner.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> QML is nice for basic applications but widgets is important for
> professional, technical
> and high-density applications.
>
> But that doesn't matter. From my point of view Qt stopped being developed
> as a desktop
> framework a long time ago. Other industries seems to have priority now.

Well, it was nearly good enough in the Qt5 days with Controls V1.
All they needed was a better set of controls to accommodate mobile more and
reduce complexity in V1.

What they did - conceptually - with V2 was good.
But it seems like they just left it in alpha quality and call it "ok" to
replace V1.. That was a mistake.
It needed much more development time to be a proper replacement.

We're now like ~8 years past the introduction of the V2 set...
And it still has really severe bugs that just interrupt usability. 8
years...
So I doubt it will be getting any better at all.