[Interest] Is there a good alternative to the QML Controls in Qt6 for native desktop integration purposes?

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Thu Feb 24 18:00:50 CET 2022

> Evidently, the people commenting in this thread care deeply enough about Qt on the
> desktop to participate in the discussion. And I suppose most of us on this list are
> software engineers, many perhaps for more reasons than to put food on the table. My
> question to you is: how can we make it easier, or more fun, or more motivating to
> contribute to Qt, and to help with making things better?

I don't know how to make it more attractive for OSS developers to contribute. But I know
how to make it more unattractive... OSS hostile licenes are one way.

Recently in one of the biggest german IT news portals there was a news about Qt. It got
exactly one comment thread that said "After the new licensing model, Qt is dead anyway".
If this is the conventional wisdom among OSS developers, then no further effort is needed.

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner