[Interest] macOS: troubles using my own CA

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at kdab.com
Thu Jul 14 10:50:59 CEST 2022

> On 14. Jul 2022, at 10:19, Alexander Dyagilev <alervdvcw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I've removed my own OpenSSL libraries built for macOS and Qt 6.3.0 switched to SecureTransport and also started to show that message.
>
> So:
>
> Qt 5.12 : uses SecureTransport ALWAYS.
>
> Qt 6.3 : defaults to OpenSSL, if available. Falls back to SecureTransport if not.
>
> So. Is there a way to force Qt 5.12 to use OpenSSL instead of SecureTransport? :) I've tried googling but did not find answer.our

At least if you are willing to build your own Qt, these should do the trick:

configure … -no-securetransport -openssl-runtime

or

configure … -no-securetransport -openssl-linked

You’ll probably have to bundle OpenSSL to be sure to have it available, in the right version, on all macOS versions you need to support, so -openssl-linked might be the way to go.

—
Frank Gonçalves Osterfeld | frank.osterfeld at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer & Teamlead
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group Company
Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts