[Interest] QtMultimedia not installed by the installer/maintenance tool

Federico Ferri federico.ferri.it at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:58:03 CEST 2022

Tested with 6.2.3 and 6.3.1 fresh installation.
In both case the QtMultimedia component is selected during installation,
but then it is not installed:

$ ls -1d ~/Dev/Qt-6.3/6.3.1/macos/lib/cmake/*Multimedia*
zsh: no matches found:
/Users/me/Dev/Qt-6.3/6.3.1/macos/lib/cmake/*Multimedia*

$ find ~/Dev/Qt-6.3/6.3.1/macos/{bin,lib,libexec,modules,qml,include}
-iname '*multimedia*'
$

You can also see in the attached screenshot [1] with the error in Qt
Creator in background and the maintenance tool showing that the component
is installed.

Documentation of QtMultimedia mentions that there are restrictions on iOS
and macOS, but nothing like this. Quoting:

"
This page covers the availability of Qt Multimedia features on iOS and
macOS.
Limitations
Since Qt Multimedia for iOS uses the camera and microphone, the Info.plist
assigned to QMAKE_INFO_PLIST in the project file must contain the keys
NSCameraUsageDescription and NSMicrophoneUsageDescription. Otherwise, the
application will abort on startup. See Info.plist documentation from Apple
for more information regarding this key.
"

CMakeLists.txt content is exactly as in the QtMultimedia docs, plus the
other components:

find_package(Qt6 6.2 COMPONENTS Quick Network Multimedia REQUIRED)

[...]

target_link_libraries(QNetPd

    PRIVATE Qt6::Quick Qt6::Network Qt6::Multimedia)

If I remove the Multimedia component and its usage from my project, I can
build/run my project fine.

Is it a bug?

Cheers,
Federico Ferri