[Interest] Qt5.15 from source on centOS 7

Mike Rochefort mike at michaelrochefort.com
Sun Jun 19 01:06:59 CEST 2022

Alex, I'm going to echo Simon's suggestion from earlier. The Developer
Toolsets are designed and provided for the purpose of enabling the use
of newer toolchains on RHEL-compatible platforms. Compiled objects still
dynamically link against the system libraries and will statically link
in the pieces from the toolset that they need for portability.

To access DTS on CentOS 7:
$ yum install centos-release-scl-rh
$ yum install devtoolset-<version>

To use a DTS:
# Run a specific command from the toolset
$ scl enable devtoolset-11 'g++ --version'

# Run an interactive sub-shell inside the DTS environment
$ scl enable devtoolset-11 $SHELL
$ g++ --version

DTS 7 through DTS 11 (e.g. GCC 7 through 11) are currently available on
the mirrors; I would recommend going as current as you can.

Cheers,
Mike