[Interest] Build report - QT 6.3 on FreeBSD 13.1

Chris Benesch chris at beneschtech.com
Sun Jun 19 06:42:23 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I have gotten a successful build of QT 6.3 on FreeBSD latest.  All things
considered, it went pretty smoothly.  Some pointers for anyone interested:

Installing the Gnome desktop resolves the vast majority of dependencies,
especially that annoying xcb stuff which for some reason on Linux is broken
down into about 20 separate packages.
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

I cant remember the exact syntax but you want it to link with libkrbnss.so
not libkrbnss_k5.so but you can change that with a cmake variable.

I was able to successfully make a console app and a default widgets app
against it and it worked beautifully.

--
Chris Benesch
BeneschTech, LLC