[Interest] Windows: "loadlibrary failed with error 87" on a configuration with a fake video card?

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 03:15:01 CET 2022

Hello,

One of our users has reported issue and asks for help. I don't know what
it can possible be, but I believe it's caused by Qt.

User says:

"in a computer running without a screen/monitor attached, I've created a
fake/dummy card, using this tool:
https://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3030
<https://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3030> in order to have a
proper resolution in remote connections, instead of 640x480.

"but when this is enabled, and if you try to open application it does
not open and always throw error "loadlibrary failed with error 87".".

We use QML (Quick Controls 2) in our app. Qt 5.12.