[Interest] Windows: "loadlibrary failed with error 87" on a configuration with a fake video card?

alexander golks alex at golks.de
Wed Mar 23 16:03:43 CET 2022

Am Tue, 22 Mar 2022 09:28:05 -0300
schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> On Tuesday, 22 March 2022 04:13:27 -03 Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> > Why does it attempts to load this driver at all, if QT_OPENGL=software
> > is set?..

first i laughed having seen exact same error message at a colleague's vs debugger session,
just while this thread is active xD.

but:
we're currently working via rdp, so maybe having same "virtual" use case, also an ati graphics card is involved.

our solution:
quick search revelead:
  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-startup-error-load-liabrary-failed-with-error-87.html
and followed the solution to rename the "atig6pxx.dll", yet is was c:\windows\syswow64\atiglpxx.dll, as the debugger stacktrace showed atiglpxx instead of atig6pxx.
now our qt program runs again in debugger session in rdp session.

maybe it helps for now for you, too.

alex