[Interest] how to link my own DBus lib build to Qt 6.4?

Dennis Luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sat Nov 19 07:36:55 CET 2022

Am 18.11.2022 um 18:22 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On Friday, 18 November 2022 03:27:27 PST Dennis Luehring wrote:
> > but ldd returns different paths with lld depending on the path i am in
> >
> > ~/qt6_dev/qt6-build$ ldd ./lib/libQt6Core.so | grep libglib
> >    libglib-2.0.so.0 =>
> > /home/linux/qt6_dev/glib-install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> > (0x00007fcf93fc1000)
> >
> > ~/qt6_dev/qt6-install$ ldd ./lib/libQt6Core.so | grep libglib
> >    libglib-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> > (0x00007fad3831d000)
>
> Like I said, cmake install updates the rpath. The one you saw showing only
> $ORIGIN was the installed path, which is the second one above and therefore
> does not find the glib-install path.

maybe i get you wrong here - Glib works without LD_LIBRARY_PATH out of
the box - my example
does find my self build Glib

but that does not work for my own DBus build - Qt CMake seems to ignore
the given dbus pkg path completely
i just want to understand why DBus is not handled equaly

> Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

i will try that - but then a second question comes up - that will only
work as long as there are no relevant header changes in my own build
Glib and DBus compared to my systems Glib/Dbus, or?