[Interest] Qt Sql BLOB data converting

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Mon Nov 28 23:29:30 CET 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: Interest <interest-bounces at qt-project.org> On Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 1:41 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] Qt Sql BLOB data converting

On Monday, 28 November 2022 12:39:05 PST Scott Bloom wrote:
> Strict tables were only added in Sqlite 3.37, I don't know what
> version of
> sqlite3 is used in Qt6, my version of Qt5.15.6 doesn't support it.

Hence the rule of thumb: ALWAYS unbundle the third party content and build the necessary libraries yourself.

The third-party content that gets bundled into the Qt libraries should never be deployed to customers.

--
While this might be the expectation from the Qt side of the world 😊  On windows, I don’t know of anyone who does this. Not so uncommon on linux, but "all" 3rd party? I wouldn’t say that happens often
Scott