[Interest] Qt Sql BLOB data converting

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Nov 29 00:38:15 CET 2022

On Monday, 28 November 2022 14:29:30 PST Scott Bloom wrote:
> While this might be the expectation from the Qt side of the world 😊  On
> windows, I don’t know of anyone who does this. Not so uncommon on linux,
> but "all" 3rd party? I wouldn’t say that happens often

That's not even the expectation from all Qt developers. It is however *my*
recommendation.

It's required if you need a specific build option that wasn't enabled by Qt.
Which is also the case when you must apply a security patch because a
vulnerability was found in said library. Since you usually must do that before
the next Qt minor release becomes available, you should probably know which
third parties you have and have a working build environment for them, instead
of having to scramble when a vulnerability is found.