[Interest] Is 6.x finally there ??

Alejandro Exojo alex+qt-interest at alex.barcelona
Thu Oct 27 13:44:26 CEST 2022

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022, at 10:09 AM, Volker Hilsheimer via Interest wrote:
> What makes you think that Qt 6 has no clipboard support? You obviously didn’t bother with opening the referenced JIRA ticket.
> (...)
> Indeed, what your clients do or don’t do would be a lot more interesting if we could assume that they get their information from someone who’s at least trying to keep up ;)

He also said in the other email that he doesn't do Windows or Mac development... so go figure what amount of insight he has on the topic of desktop application development.

Given that it's a person that:

- Hardly brings anything productive to the conversation, and can be borderline trolling.
- Is incapable of using an email client that sends replies to the mailing list, instead of sending new messages, making all his messages much more prominent than needed, because it's like starting tons of new threads.
- Has already a history of being toxic to the community, being pretty much directly responsible of at least an important community member leaving the list.

I would humbly bring up the topic of some moderator action.

I don't know if the previous mess that he caused ended up with a "soft ban" for some months, or that did not happen. I'm not saying that a ban is deserved now, but some kind of warning, maybe.

Let me add that I can say that my interest in the, ahem, Interest mailing list has declined. This mailing list used to be incredibly useful, and much more active. Now, not so much, and interactions with certain people make it even worse. Seeing all this improductive posts makes me wonder if I should even unsubscribe to avoid getting frustrated each time I peek at the topics.

My 2 grumpy cents.