[Interest] Is 6.x finally there ??

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Thu Oct 27 16:01:56 CEST 2022

On 10/27/22 03:09, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> Yo Roland,
>
> What makes you think that Qt 6 has no clipboard support? You obviously
> didn’t bother with opening the referenced JIRA ticket.
> What Bill pointed out as missing are the platform-specific classes that facilitate the integration of platform specific clipboard formats on Windows and macOS into Qt’s mime-based framework. Qt supports clipboard operations for common mime types just fine.
And when you are working in VMs, cutting and pasting between different
operating systems into text editors and word processors for notes and/or
FDA regulated documentation, what you think is "text" turns out to be
platform specific mime types.
> Note that the basyskom blog is based on Qt 6.0. We are at Qt 6.4 now, and I would anyway almost think that you didn’t read it, given your implication that it must have been somehow difficult to port to this trunk-sized, clipboard-less Qt 6.
I read it and pointed them to a valid starting point. If you want the
blog writer to update their post for every dot-release of Qt, take it up
with them.

> Indeed, what your clients do or don’t do would be a lot more interesting if we could assume that they get their information from someone who’s at least trying to keep up ;)

Until a paying customer actually has a project with Qt, there is little
reason to remain up-to-the-minute. The only medical device company I
know of still using Qt is the infusion pump group at Baxter. You can see
how 2022 went for them yourself.

Cheers,

Roland

--