[Interest] Qt online installer: Linux ARM platform?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 2 19:30:55 CEST 2023

On Friday, 2 June 2023 10:04:30 PDT Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am I right that there is no way to build an app for Linux ARM platform
> using Qt online installer?

That's correct, there is no ARM binary for Windows or Linux desktops. The
macOS one comes in universal binary form.

> Some of our users asks to add support of Raspberry Pi. We use prebuilt
> Qt binaries (provided by online installer) and would like to stick with
> them further :)

The rule of thumb is to always use the Linux distro's packages if they exist,
or build on the distro and use the distro's supporting libraries in "system"
mode. Don't use the pre-built binaries for anything but testing. (This is an
opinion and is not shared with most other Qt developers)