[Interest] Qt online installer: Linux ARM platform?

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 19:51:49 CEST 2023

1. In an ideal world, yes, I agree with you :) But, in this real world
we have to deal with a lot of issues including Qt bugs. In case we do
provide Qt binaries alongside with our app we provide our users the best
possible experience. Before we made a release, we test our app with the
specific Qt version to make sure all is working fine. In case of an
update of Qt binaries, things can go wrong. And we have such examples in
our practice. So we prefer to provide prebuilt Qt binaries alongside
with our app.

2. I'm not a very experienced Unix developer. My primary platform was
always Windows. I'm not sure if I even understood you 100% correctly.

   a) You mean we should to just compile our code using ARM compiler and
let the system use the already installed Qt binaries ?

   b) But what about debugging then... It seems it's not supported in
any way.