[Interest] Continued past failed assertions with MSVC

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed May 10 04:32:01 CEST 2023

On Tuesday, 9 May 2023 17:33:04 PDT Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> The most ugly thing coming from it is that it changes the way app works.
> It executes additional event loop in those regions of code where it's
> not supposed to happen. This can bring additional bugs and/or change an
> apps' behavior on its own.
>
> For me, it never helps to debug app. It interferes instead.

Ah, that's interesting: the fact that it is running a Windows event loop and
thus processing messages. That's easy to fix, though, we can simply remove the
event handler callback before starting that dialogue. But that does mean we
can't resume from a failed assertion, as we may have missed messages and made
things even worse.