[Interest] What is the most efficient and performant way of rendering a QVideoSink to a Scene Graph node using Qt 6?

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Wed Apr 17 23:44:37 CEST 2024

Hi,

I’m looking to render a video into a custom scene graph node.

I want to have all the source handling on the C++ side and inject the video frames into a custom scene graph node.

I can obtain the frames from QVideoSink and now I’m wondering how is the most performant way of copying it to a texture and displaying it on a QSGOpaqueTextureMaterial.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Nuno